Thank you for considering adopting a rescue dog or cat! Here are the steps you’ll need to take to adopt a dog or puppy, cat or kitten from Second Chance SPCA!
- If you are interested in adopting an animal from Second Chance SPCA, you will need to come to our adoption center during business hours. Appointments are not required.
- Adopters must visit with an adoption counselor and complete an adoption application.
- Adoptions are approved based on the best matched home for each pet.
- We reserve the right to reject an application based on the needs of the pet.
- Adopters must live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Adopters must be at least 21 years-old.
- Renters must provide proof of pet deposit and/or written permission by landlord to have a pet.
- $250 for puppies under 6 months of age and $200 for dogs older than 6 months. Includes spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations, microchip, fecal and heartworm test. ***
- All dogs are current on heartworm and flea preventative.
- $150 for kittens under 6 months of age and $125 for cats older than 6 months. Includes spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations, microchip, fecal and FeLV / FIV test. ***
- All cats are current on heartworm and flea preventative.
*** FEES and INFORMATION: Effective August 2017